Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Being a Benedictine Oblate

Along with a Presbyterian pastor for over 25 years, I am also a Benedictine oblate, having promised to live according to the life ordered by the Rule of St. Benedict. My oblate community is St. Benedict's Monastery in St. Joseph, MN., a group of amazing women. I've been an oblate for almost nine years.

They are a community of Christians who welcome me thoroughly, and know that I am gay.

So I read with interest the Pope's/Vatican's investigation into the lives of religious sisters and their acceptance of those of us who are LGBTQ.

Please!

There are plenty of men's and women's religious communities in the Catholic Church who welcome us. Why is this news? After all, there are many LBTG sisters and brothers who are in these communities.

Wake up!

We are members of the mystical resurrected body of Christ.

God made us.

God chose us.

God loves us.

Click here for more.

My hunch? God is going to be having a long talk with brothers and sisters who kept and keep us out of the Church.

Pace!

B

No comments: