There is this little bit of etiquette advice for those of us contemplating a wedding (thanks to John Leonard for this list), along with a wedding card from Hallmark:
Updated Etiquette Rules for
1. On the day of the wedding, it's bad luck for the two grooms to see each other at the gym.
2. Superstition suggests that for good luck, the couple should have: something bold, something flirty, something trashy, something dirty.
3. It's customary at gay & lesbian nuptials for the parents to have an open bar during the entire ceremony.
4. Gay wedding tradition dictates that both grooms refrain from eating any of the wedding cake, given the high content of carbs and sugar.
5. It's considered bad luck for either of the grooms to have dated the priest.
6. During the first dance, it's considered unlucky to use glow sticks, flags, whistles and hand-held lasers.
7. For good luck at the union of a drag queen, the bouquet is always thrown in the face of a hated rival.
8. The reception hall must have a disco ball and at least one go-go dancer.
9. The wedding singer is NOT allowed to play or sing: 'Let's Hear it for the Boy,' 'It's Raining Men,' or 'I Will Survive.'
10. The father of the bottom has to pay for everything.