Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Being a Gay (Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender) Couple: Good For Your Health!
All right, heterosexuals! Listen up! We homos have something to teach the world, according to this article in NYT:
* We can initiate sex without playing with sexual politics of who initiates and who doesn't, and thus we have more sex;
* We've figured out the housekeeping tasks because we have to make things up without America's script telling us who does what in a house;
* We have to talk and express ourselves because nothing comes easy to us in terms of using humor without jumping off the ledge of anger;
* Less "demand-withdraw" dance;
* This leads to healthier hearts, minds, and bodies.
To paraphrase the line from "Avenue Q" "It's good to be gay."
Click here for more.