I'm a reluctant pacifist.
I studied with a so-called pacifist theologian when I worked at a certain seminary, and he would gladly tell me how he became a pacifist: "I called myself a pacifist enough to other people that I came to believe it myself."
I'm in the need of saying to myself "I'm a pacifist," because of the violence toward LGBTQ people in recent blog, cable, and major media sources.
* The Bishop Gene Robinson wears a bullet proof vest and has a personal body guard;
* During Europride in Stockholm, LGBTQ people are being attacked;
* A trans woman was killed recently in CO;
* Police raid a "gay party" in Saudi Arabia;
* The killing of liberal, progressive Christians in Knoxville, TN;
* Ugandan gay activist is arrested in Uganda;
And the list continues.
It is time to stand up against the violence with the greatest enemy: peace.
It is time to change.
Queen Elizabeth’s favorite song is a fabulous gay anthem - She's having the time of her life.
14 minutes ago