Tuesday, October 14, 2008

They'll Know We are Gay By Our Cars


My kids have teased me about this, and I have pointed it out to more than one or more friends who are lesbian about, you know, the um, er, car or truck they drive. When we had a red Chevy S-10, we felt very butch. We were told it was an appropriate truck for us to drive, as if a Ford or Toyota Tacoma wasn't butch enough.

I confess: I own a Jetta and a Cabrio.

I am so gay.

And it isn't just my friends who picked this up. On 265gay.com there was a list of the top 10 gay and lesbian cars:

Rank
1 VW Rabbit
2 VW Eos
3 Mazda MX-5 Miata and Audi A3 - tie
4 Mazda MAZDA3 and VW Jetta - tie
5 Toyota Yaris
6 Saab 9-3 and Dodge Caliber -tie
7 Volvo C30
8 smart fortwo
9 Toyota Matrix and MINI Cooper - tie
10 Maserati GranTurismo

While VW doesn't make Cabrios any more, they replaced them with the VW Eos.

See more by clicking here.

Pace, B

2 comments:

manxxman said...

So are you telling me that I'm no longer gay because we drive a Jeep (something) and a Murano. OMG and all along it had to do with cars and not the water......who knew.

Brett Webb-Mitchell said...

My partner had and still wants a Jeep. And he wants a Murano!

It has everything to do with the car, the upholstery, the German engineering, the "thunk" of the door when it closes...