Monday, September 28, 2009

Sweet Story: Two Dads Get Married

We found this sweet story on the back pages of the (Raleigh) News and Observer, in which a young daughter wanted her two dads to get married. Chelsea Montgomery Duban wanted her "Dad" and "Daddy" do the wedding when such marriages were allowed in CA. Why?

"According to me, marriage is not just a man and a woman. It is two people who love each other and promise to be together in sickness and in health," Montgomery-Duban says in the video. "Marriage is not even a beautiful white dress. But it is love blossoming between two individuals and the promise that what they have together can only get better."

It is a sweet story.

I am convinced we need more such sweet, normal, everyday stories to be shared with the wider public. Because it is through such exposure that we will finally be part of the American quilt, with our own unique squarish-rectangular-like-trianglish-roundish patch.

Click here for more.

Pace, B

1 comment:

Fr. Marty Kurylowicz said...

I am in the process of gathering blogs related to Marriage Equality. Below, I explain more about who I am and what I am about.

I just finished responding on “Equal Writes” about how marriage between two people is more than for each other although the two becoming one helps everyone.

“- It must be remember that the importance and meaning of marriage is more than procreation. Two people pledging their love to each other is not just for themselves, because that is not marriage. By being in love, two become one and they are better equip to be the best for everyone in world their families, friends, co-workers and beyond. In this way all marriages are contributing to the procreation of children by their enriching the social environment that children will be born into. I think that love; true love like energy is never lost, a bit like Einstein, maybe - .”

I have placed a link to your blog on the Thalamus Center. You have a unique blog. I have to read more, I like it. It is so human and real, feels like a home.

Thanks,
Marty

PS. My name is Fr. Marty Kurylowicz, I came out publicly, as a gay priest to my parishioners in March 1997. Sparta, Michigan (Grand Rapids, MI). I did so because I felt a strong moral obligation to draw attention to the serious harm caused to very young children who grow up to be gay, who are raised in social environments influenced by antigay social and religious norms.

I have started a project called the “Thalamus Center” to continue to this advocacy for children to stop this type of child abuse.
http://fathermartykurylowicz.blogspot.com/