Thursday, March 20, 2008

Being a Pregnant Man!

So it is possible to be a man and be pregnant!

In this story in the Advocate (click here), we meet Tom, who is pregnant, and Nancy.  Tom, who was a woman but is now a man, decided that, following his human need, he wanted to be a parent, which he and Nancy are going to be:

"How does it feel to be a pregnant man?  Incredible.  Despite the fact that my belly is growing with a new life inside me, I am stable and confident being the man that I am.  In a technical sense I see myself as my own surrogate, though my gender identity as male is constant.  To Nancy, I am her husband carrying our child--I am so lucky to have such a loving, supportive wife.  I will be my daughter's father, and Nancy will be her mother.  We will be a family."

Makes me want to sing, "We are family!"

Peace,

Brett

No comments: