Sunday, November 1, 2009

All Saints' Day

In the tradition of the Christian Church, yesterday was All Hallow's Eve, and today is All Saints' Day. It is a day that those of us who are Christian remember the saints around us in our world today, and those who have gone before us.

Today, I remember Bob, a youth group leader at a local Presbyterian Church who died of AIDS several decades ago;
I remember Harvey Milk, whose political skill-artistry has provided many of us a role model;
I remember Gerry Studds, who came out of the closet as a politician, bravely;
I remember Mychal Judge, the gay priest who died in 9/11;
I remember Mark Bingham, who died on a plane on 9/11 on Flight 93;
I remember Del Martin, a lesbian pioneer in CA;
I remember Bayard Rustin, who worked alongside Martin Luther King, Jr.

We remember.

Pace

B

No comments: