I went to the dedication of 4 new names to the "Justice and Peace" plaza in front of Chapel Hill's old Post Office building--itself, an icon in CH. Four people were remembered: Ms. Clark, an African American activist in the area; Dan Pollitt of UNC; along with a person or two I'd met in my time in Chapel Hill. One was Yonni Chapman, who played an important part in the civil rights movement in CH; and the Rev. Charles Jones, a Presbyterian minister at Univ. Presbyterian Church who worked hard toward integration. He was actually removed from Univ. Presby. Church by the Presbytery because of his right and good actions in re: to integration. He became pastor of the Community Church of Chapel Hill, where I was once youth leader.
And the work of justice and peace continues in terms of LGBTQ equal rights.
Pace!
B
Brazil Election Could Give Bolsonaro a Key Role in Trump’s Latin America Map
-
Flávio Bolsonaro, now the favorite to win Brazil’s presidency, would give
President Trump a critical new ally in Latin America, particularly on
security.
17 minutes ago

No comments:
Post a Comment