Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Malawi and Senegal, along with Uganda: The Oppression of LGBTQ People

Along with the politics of Uganda, which are ugly in regards to how LGBTQ are being treated, with the possibility of death, there are stories from Malawi and Senegal, where people who are LGBTQ are also being oppressed.

In Malawi, a couple who "wed" just a few days ago have been arrested (from towleroad.com and Reuters):

LILONGWE (Reuters) - Two Malawian men became the first gay couple to publicly tie the knot, the Nation newspaper reported on Monday, risking arrest in the conservative southern African state where homosexuality is illegal.

Tiwonge Chimbalanga and Steven Monjeza were married in a traditional but symbolic ceremony in southern Malawi on Saturday, attracting hundreds of curious onlookers.

"We met at church where we both pray and we have been together for the last five months ... I have never been interested in a woman," Monjeza told The Nation newspaper.

Homosexuality is banned in Malawi and carries a maximum sentence of 14 years.

And in Senegal (Google news):

A group of 24 men in Senegal are under a criminal investigation for alleged "homosexual activities", a police source said Monday in the west African country, where homosexuality remains illegal.

Officers arrested the men on December 24 at a house in the seaside resort of Saly, 80 kilometres (50 miles) south of Dakar, for allegedly engaging in homosexual acts and holding an unauthorised party, the police source said.

There is also the oppression of LGBTQ people in Iraq, Iran, and other countries in the Middle East, which tend to be conservative when it comes to LGBTQ people.

The wisdom and courage it takes to be "out" and to be who we are (wisdom being that when more of us are out, then it is understood that we are not such a minority, and the courage is coming and remaining out), is becoming more obvious each and every day, month, and year.

Courage!

B

4 comments:

Johnson Kings said...

I'm Johnson Kings Finley from Southport Liverpool, England, I'm giving a testimony about Dr. White the great Herbalist, he has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my HIV/AIDS virus of 8yrs, though I went through different websites I saw different testimonies about different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: "Many people have the HIV cure why are people still suffering from it?" I thought of it, then I contact Dr. White via email (drwhitethehivhealer@gmail.com), I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a Trier, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me and also ask me to make a payment for the medicine. he prepared it (CURE) and sent it to me via a Courier service, I took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for check-up 2 weeks after finishing the medicine, I was tested HIV negative, if you are HIV positive, Hepatitis, Herpes, waste your time no more. Contact him via: drwhitethehivhealer@gmail.com or +2349091844595
I GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE THE NEXT TO GIVE TESTIMONY ABOUT THIS GREAT HEALER WHEN YOU CONTACT HIM.
You can add me on facebook: Johnson Kings Finley
Or email me on: johnsonkingsfinley@gmail.com

Subham said...

My name is Subham Kumar Khalid from Nawada India, after getting cured of Hepatitis by Dr White i took it upon myself to inform people who believe viruses and other chronic illness have no cure. After reading the testimony of a certain Carolina, I decided to give it a try but today i am a leaving witness and for the rest of my life i will be grateful to this grate and powerful healer. After reading about him on a blog with his email clearly stated as: DRWHITETHEHIVHEALER@GMAIL.COM and watsapp: +2349091844595, I wondered why the government at all levels will not join hands to expand and promote this cure even when it is from Nigerian and a black nation. Just like you i had my doubts and reservations but then i decided to take my destiny into my hands even when the medical doctors said its impossible by contacting him behold my long sorrow turned joy after just a few days of taking his herbs. This man also cured HIV, Herpes, HPV and other virus. If truly you want to get rid of your sickness I honestly recommend to reach him. Thanks

Ellesandra said...

Ellesandra Ryan is my name. I want you to understand and believe that at the end of every difficulty there surely will be a relief for no condition is absolutely permanent and no illness without cure except you have not used my herbs, be hopeful, You didn’t come with this from god and no human deserves to be sick even if it s your making out of human error. These were the words of Dr White when I first wrote him on watsapp using 002349091844595. You can also reach him via email: drwhitethehivhealer@gmail.com. I was having the biggest nightmare ever (HIV) Medical doctors kept saying no cure, calm down and we can manage it but the thought of using ART for ever and its devastating side effects will not let me. Hope was lost and dreams shattered but Dr White, a non scientist and unpopular restored them all after reading about him in a blog article published by Jose where he was generally acknowledged to being able to cure HIV/AIDS and other viruses using ancient herbal remedies. I know exactly how you feel reading this but if you give up now it will amount to suicide. Be assure with me as witness that Dr White’s miracle herbal cleanser which he sends through trusted courier lines will get to you anywhere and you will be victorious. You may have tried other means without success but just this once your prayer is answered. I wrote this to save you and keep a promised made.
Ellesandraryan01@outlook.com

Anonymous said...

Les téléspectateurs, Cesar Luciana est mon nom basé au Chili, j'ai vu de la magie effectuée et j'ai également été témoin d'un miracle, je sais donc la différence. Je peux vous garantir que les herbes utilisées par le Dr White pour soigner le VIH / SIDA et HERPES sont vraiment un miracle. Mon petit ami décédé m'a infecté par le VIH, m'a abandonné et est finalement décédé peu de temps après, mais j'ai gardé espoir, pris des médicaments qui m'ont maintenu en vie même avec ses effets secondaires déprimants. Un homme que je rencontre à l'hôpital général m'a appelé un certain jour et m'a dit qu'il avait confirmé qu'il avait guéri du virus de l'hépatite B après avoir utilisé la cure WHITE. Le même jour, j'ai écrit au docteur White sur WhatsApp en utilisant / + 2349091844595, il a promis de me guérir du VIH si seulement je pouvais me permettre le coût et l'utiliser correctement. Il les a préparés comme promis et m'a posté en utilisant la voie rapide de messagerie. Cet homme appelé WHITE est le chemin qui mène à votre guérison car malgré tout ce que les puissances occidentales prétendent de l'impossibilité de guérir le VIH, il y a en fait un homme avec des mains et des herbes bénies pour guérir les virus. Malgré mon compte insignifiant de CD4, cet homme m'a fait sortir du rôle de la mort pour vivre. J'ai rencontré des gens sauvés par cet herboriste, mon seul souci est de savoir pourquoi le monde ne le reconnaîtra pas et ne l'honorera pas. Si vous ne vous sauvez pas, qui le fera? Personne ne résiste à jamais à la maladie.
(Mon email / cesarlucia94cesar@gmail.com Twitter / @ cesarluciana1)