Thursday, June 12, 2008

Birds Do It, Bees Do It, Even Friends from Norway Do It," with apologist to Cole Porter


On 365gay.com this morning there was news of the Norwegian Parliament approving of gay marriage. Not only can LGBT couples marry, but there is protection that both LGBT parents are seen as equal (unlike many states in which only one of the parents is legal), and that lesbians are allowed to seek "medically assisted reproduction." Click here for more.

Of course, when I read such news while sitting in my little office in the state (red state) of NC, I wince. This article makes me uncomfortable because I realize where I live and know that for us LGBT folks in this beautiful state, the future possibility is such a remote, distant possibility.

My hunch: we'll be one of the last countries in Bush's "Coalition of the Willing" (remember that term), who approve of LGBT marriage.

Time to change!

Pace! B

No comments: